Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I've been thinking about...

...Andy Ortiz!

That's him there in the over-exposed picture on the right (total user-error on my part, I shot the picture with the blazing Arizona sun shining through the window behind him; though it does sort of look like a halo, doesn't it!).

Andy is the President and CEO of Ortiz Leadership Systems and he has a background in leadership development for non-profit organizations.

Oh, and for the past year he's been working with me as my Faculty Coach through the Center for Progressive Leadership (I'm wrapping up a remarkable Fellowship Program through CPL). Every other month or so Andy and I get together for coffee so that he can guide me through the CPL process and take a more one-on-one approach to my development as leader.

I cherish my meetings with Andy, and not just because it is an excuse to eat a fresh baked muffin at a coffee house! Andy helps to keep me on track with deadlines, accountable to the goals I set for myself, and focused on developing best practices for myself and the church. He's REALLY good at what he does, and he's helping me get better at what I do too.

Andy has been a tremendous sounding board for me. Many of our spring time conversations involved my discernment process on whether or not God was calling me to serve this congregation. Andy always listened to whatever I had to say, asked just the right questions along the way, and helped me prepare for the next steps in the Search Process.

This morning Andy and I got together for coffee again...and celebrated the fantastic first month you and I have shared in ministry together at FCC Scottsdale!

So church, meet Andy Ortiz! I honestly wouldn't be where I am without him!

Yours in the Journey,
Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment