Thursday, September 16, 2010

Newsbrief: Prayer Shawl Sunday

{Editors Note: In my continued efforts to keep folks informed about what is going on at the church, I've decided to publish my weekly "Newsbrief" articles here on the blog. The "Newsbrief" is our weekly e-newsletter at FCC Scottsdale, and if you would to subscribe to it, you can find the link at the bottom of this post.}


I need your help this Sunday.

Truth is, I need your help every Sunday. We simply couldn’t pull off a worship service with you!

But this Sunday in particular I have a favor to ask.

You see, this Sunday we celebrate a major milestone in the life of one of our ministries at FCC Scottsdale. Our very own Prayer Shawl Ministry has distributed over 200 prayer shawls, and we are going to celebrate by dedicating this Sunday as Prayer Shawl Sunday!

We’ll hear the story of our Prayer Shawl Ministry! We’ll celebrate God’s amazing gift of prayer! And we will charge our noble knitters to keep up the good work!

So here is where I need your help. If you are one of the members of this church who has received a prayer shawl, please bring it with you to worship on Sunday. Feel free to wear it or simply bring it with you to worship (I’ll be wearing mine, a beautiful orange one that Kay Jones presented me on my first day as your pastor!). We want to show off the full force of this ministry and demonstrate its significance in the life of our church – and what better way to do that than to have a sea of prayer shawls flooding our sanctuary with color!

We will also be gifting the Prayer Shawl Ministry with gift bags that they will fill with future prayer shawls. Please bring a gift bag on Sunday so that we can get our knitters fully equipped for the next 200 prayer shawls! In so doing, you will literally be giving the gift that will carry our prayers to folks when they need them the most.

I’ll see you Sunday, and don’t forget: Bring your prayer shawl and bring a gift bag. I’ll see you there! I’ll be the guy up front…with the orange prayer shawl on!

Yours in the Journey, Rev. Brian


{The "Newsbrief" is our weekly e-newsletter at FCC Scottsdale. If you would to subscribe to it, then click here.}

No comments:

Post a Comment