Monday, September 14, 2009

Why We Worship Wordle

This past Sunday was Liturgy Sunday at the Encanto Community Church. I know, I know it's a terrible title. But we dedicated the entire worship service to walking through the Order of Service, and explaining what each part is about.

In that vein, here is a word of explanation about these Wordle renderings. These are graphical representations of my sermon manuscript from each Sunday. They couldn't be easier to make. You simply go to www.Wordle.net/Create. It is a program created by Jonathan Feinberg that visually represents written text in a graphical way. You cut and paste your text into the window, and the program does the rest. The more often a word is used, the bigger it shows up in the picture. You can mess with the colors, the layout style, and the font. Or, you can just let the program randomize all of that for you. Which is what I do.

To be honest, I started making Wordle's for my sermons as a way of making sure that my own verbal ticks weren't showing up in my sermons. But honestly, I kept doing it just because they looked cool. And it gave me something else to post on the Blog and another way of sharing what we do here at Encanto on Sundays. I hope you enjoy 'em.

For the full manuscript of this Sunday's sermon, click here. To see the full-size image just click on the picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment