Thursday, December 3, 2009

I’ve Been Thinking about...

...Turkey Tickets.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I was thinking about Turkey Tickets a couple of weeks ago and used this space to talk them already. But we’ve since completed the drive and that is why I’m using this space again, because I want to recap all of your hard work!

For folks who don’t know or don’t remember, this was the Encanto Community Church’s first time participating in the Community Turkey Drive. The effort is spearheaded by Ron Caputo (a member at Beatitudes UCC and a frequent visitor here at Encanto). For $5 you can provide a turkey to a needy family or individual who otherwise would have gone without on Thanksgiving. We were an authorized seller of the “Turkey Tickets” — a $5 donation gets you one ticket and provides one turkey to a person or family in need.

I’m overjoyed to report that as a church we raised $455. That is 91 families that had turkeys this past Thanksgiving because of your generosity.

When I met with Ron this past week to turn over our funds he told me that the total project raised over $12,000! That is 2400 families! Thank you for your hard work and generosity in supporting the Turkey Tickets. A special thank you to Arron Bradford and Jim Brooks who each took stacks of Turkey Tickets and sold them outside of the church.

As for our churchwide prize, remember that I put a sermon up for auction. For every one Turkey Ticket purchased folks got one entry into the raffle. Whoever’s name is pulled from the plate will have the opportunity to tell what I’m preaching on one Sunday in January. We’ll do the drawing today at Coffee Hour right after the worship service. See you over there!

{Editor's Note: I went straight in to the Trustees Meeting and didn't get out until everyone had left Coffee Hour! So we're going to do the drawing this coming Sunday instead...I promise!}

Yours in the journey, Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment