Tuesday, March 1, 2011

From the Whiteboard: The Transfiguration

This coming Sunday is our last Sunday in the season after Epiphany. For the last two months we have been following the theme of "Let the Light of Christ Shine" and do things ever go out with a bang in that regard!

This Sunday is Transfiguration Sunday. We inherit the text from Matthew 17:1-9 where Christ brings Peter and James and John up to the high mountain and is transfigured before them. His face shines like the sun and his clothes became a dazzling white. Then Christ is joined in a private conversation by Moses and Elijah. It is a remarkable scene...that I could only crudely sketch out on the Whiteboard this week.


And it is no coincidence that my sketch bares a passing resemblance to the work of Annie Vallotton. I absolutely love her illustrations and often draw from them when I'm putting something up on the Whiteboard.

I'll see you in worship for Transfiguration Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment