Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On the Whiteboard: May 15, 2011

I just couldn't help myself this week. I had to draw a cartoon sheep


With a sermon title like "Feeling Sheepish" and two familiar scripture readings like these I pretty much had to, right?

Our first scripture reading is probably the most well known passage in the Bible, Psalm 23. Its beautiful promise and wondrous imagery is captured in the opening line, "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want."

The second scripture reading continues on the same theme in John 10:1-18 where Jesus declares for all who will follow him, "I am the good shepherd."

So, uh, I guess I could have put a shepherd up on the Whiteboard this week, but lets be honest, drawing a sheep is a lot more fun...and it easier on the artist to!

See you on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment