Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Last Three Weeks

Greetings, friends!

Today is my first official day back in the office after three weeks away. What have I been up to? Glad you asked!

Here are a couple of pictures from the last three weeks that include my adventures in Payson for a week of family vacation, my time in Nashville for the General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), and my week away in the Midwest for another week of family vacation. Enjoy!


This was supposed to be plan, and for the most part it held true except that we had two unexpected deaths in the church while I was away that brought me back to Scottsdale for 5 days as I presided at the Memorial Services. We miss you, Susan Bland and Phyllis McBride. 

The trip started off in Payson. Here is Susan and Henry sitting at the edge of the rim just outside of town. We had a tremendous time, hiking, eating, and playing dominoes in the cooler weather. As an added bonus Susan's parent's (that's here father at the right of the frame) and her sister and our neice and nephew were able to come down from St. Louis and join us.

 The second leg of my trip brought me to Nashville for our denomination's General Assembly. It was a great time and you can read my other blog posts from the General Assembly just under this post. In a strange coincidence Henry was obsessed with Elvis right before I left for General Assembly, so I couldn't resist taking this picture outside a honky tonk next door to the Convention Center.

 After the two Memorial Services I flew back out to catch up with Susan and Henry. By now they were on the third leg of the trip in St. Louis -- where Susan is from. Despite all of our trip to StL this was Henry's first time at the Gateway Arch. He looked out the window, saw Busch Stadium and proudly announced, "That is where Albert Pujols hits all those homeruns!" A Cardinals fan through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment