Thursday, July 5, 2012

Newsbrief: Vacation

Next week I head out for two weeks of vacation.

Susan, Henry, and I will spend the first week in the National Parks of Utah. We’ll be tent camping just outside of Zion National Park for a few days and then we’ll head over to a cabin outside of Bryce National Park.

We are excited about this first leg of the trip. I briefly saw Bryce and Zion on a family vacation growing up. I was probably 12 or 13 and have only foggiest memories of the natural beauty of each place. Susan and Henry have never seen either one, so we are really in for a treat!

We’ll spend the second week back in the Midwest for an Annual Family Reunion with my wife’s side of the family. The original plan was to spend a long weekend at Kentucky Dam Village with about two dozen members of the extended family, but unfortunately Susan’s grandmother had a fall last week that resulted in a hairline fracture in her leg. Since Grandma Gray isn’t able to travel to the Family Reunion this year we’ve made the executive decision to bring the reunion to her!

So Susan, Henry and I will fly in to St. Louis then roadtrip with her parents, brother, and sister and our niece and nephew to Cincinnati, Ohio. We’ll still get to see the whole family and visit Grandma Gray, plus this way we’ll also get to enjoy some Graeter’s Ice Cream and Skyline Chili (yes, they make a veggie chili!).

For the two Sundays that I am out of the pulpit you are in for a real treat: Our very own Al Beasley will be preaching on June 15 and my dear friend and colleague the Rev. Judy Green-Davis (from First Congregational UCC in Phoenix) will preach on June 22.

I’ll be here with you in worship this Sunday, July 8 and then I’ll be out of the office until Tuesday July 24.

Yours in the Journey,
Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment