Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Whiteboard: 50

I'm out of the pulpit for one final time this summer, as my wife, son, and I head to St. Louis this weekend to celebrate Susan's parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary.

 Thus the big 5-0 on the Whiteboard this week.

While I am away our newest member the Rev. Kevin Adams will fill the pulpit and deliver a sermon on the nature and importance of the Lord's Supper for us as Disciples of Christ. With the evocative title "What is the definition of 'Is'?" he'll be drawing from Matthew 26:26-29 where Jesus says, "This is my body, broken for you."

-----

The 5-0 on the Whiteboard could just as easily signify the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, which happened half-a-century ago today. In commemoration of this historic event, here are a handful of resources about the March that I've been touched by:

No comments:

Post a Comment