Thursday, June 25, 2015

Summer Adventures In Learning Night 1

We had the Kick-Off for our S.A.I.L. Program last night (Wednesday, June 24) and it was such a great start for our new summer program!

S.A.I.L. stands for Summer Adventures In Learning. It is a Dream Fund Project that grew out of the dreams of our church members to “Bring back Vacation Bible School in a way that works for today.”

And that is just what the first night of the S.A.I.L. Program did…and will continue to do for the next FIVE Wednesday evenings.

The S.A.I.L. Program is a multi-generational, theme-oriented program for everyone in our church family. So yes, we had plenty of kids and young people filling up the Fellowship Hall last night, but my favorite part of the evening was that we also had several adult members of the congregation who came out just to take part in the program. And what a program! We enjoyed a meal together, shared scripture, sang songs, made crafts, and raced our own custom designed sail boats down waterway tracks in the church yard! (By the way, Henry beat me every single time we raced until he finally had mercy on me and let me use his sail boat!)













And it is not to late to participate. Like I said, we’re just getting started! Since the S.A.I.L. Program is a theme-based program it means that each Wednesday night is a self-contained piece. So just because you miss one night doesn’t mean you can’t still participate! Come and join us next Wednesday night from 6PM until 7:30PM. Our theme will be “I’m a Yankee Doodle Dandy!” and we’ll be collecting boxes of crayons as part of our summer outreach project (we’re collecting items for Vista del Camino’s Back to School efforts).

No comments:

Post a Comment