Thursday, January 12, 2017

Pictures from Texas

Years ago when I first started this as my "professional blog" a church member asked me, "What is the difference between this 'professional blog' and a 'personal' one?" I joked, "Well, you won't be seeing cute baby pictures of my son on it!"

And for the most part I have held firm on that distinction...except when I haven't!

So here is a quick blog post to say "Thank you" to my church family for the time off after Christmas and into the first week on January. I was able to use that vacation time to join with my family (and I mean all of my family) in Texas. Susan, Henry, and I were able to gather with my sisters, their husbands and their kids at my parents' house and spend some extended time with extended family. As part of the celebration we scheduled a photo session with a local photographer at a nearby ranch (it is Texas after all!).

So here are some of the photos from that session that capture just a touch of what my time away was about -- reconnecting with family, recharging our batteries, and enjoying time together with folks I don't get to see nearly enough.

The whole family gathered on a front porch.

Susan, Henry, and me.

Mom and Dad surrounded by their four kids.

All the cousins in the back of an old pick-up truck.

The kiddos goofing off.

Me with my neice (and goddaughter).

No comments:

Post a Comment