Monday, March 16, 2009

I've been thinking about...

...Texas.

Round Rock, Texas and Dallas, Texas to be more geographically precise.

I’ve been in Texas this past week on vacation; visiting family, seeing old friends, and enjoying some time away to recharge and rest up.

It has me thinking about how thankful I am for the many blessings God has rained down upon me. Here are three:

I am thankful to the congregation for granting me this time away...especially this particular week. My niece Julia celebrated her third birthday and her baby brother Daniel celebrated his first. I am so glad that Susan, Henry, and I were able to celebrate it with them!

I am also thankful for the Rev. Skip Hughes who will be bringing the word this morning, and preaching the gospel from the pulpit.

I am also thankful for Lyle Riley who led our Tuesday Prayer Group. It does my heart well to know that the ministries of this church are shared and fulfilled by so many gifted and willing saints of God.

I will be returning late in the afternoon on Monday, around 5PM if all things go as planned and we don’t run into unexpected delays. I’ll be leading the Tuesday Prayer Group and preaching next Sunday’s sermon. I hope to see you then, if not before!

Yours in the journey, Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment