Monday, June 15, 2009

I've been thinking about...

Bowling.

Specifically last Sunday’s Youth Group Bowling Trip to Christown Lanes.
Our youth are using the summer as a time of fun and fellowship, and they have filled their calendar with all sorts of exciting events. And bowling was just the most recent.

After last Sunday’s Trustees meeting I popped in to see how things were going (okay, and to eat a plate a nachos; I can’t help myself, discount nacho cheese from a can is one of my deepest temptations!). There they were, taking up three whole lanes with bumper bowling for the youngest of the group, an observation deck for the spectating family members, and Vickie Bauer beating everyone (honestly, she bowled a 180 the first game, and was trying to talk me in to bowling a frame; I think she may have been trying to hustle me for gas money, but I’m not sure!).

It was great to see our youth, their families, and advisors hanging out, enjoying each others company, and sharing the kinds of bonds that we truly value as a church.

They will have several other upcoming fellowship activities this summer, including a Phoenix Mercury lock-in this Friday, a Movie on Sunday June 5, the Willow Lake Fishing Trip on July 11, Water Park Day at Big Surf on August 9. It is a full summer, and that is without even mentioning all the folks we have heading off to church camp this summer!

Our youth have a great summer planned...now if I could just find a way to get a plate of nachos at every event...

Yours in the journey, Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment