Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hamster Sunday Wordle

Never heard of Hamster Sunday? Well, until January 24th, neither had I!

The backstory: In November the church sold Turkey Tickets to support the 2009 Community Turkey Drive. To help spur on ticket sales I raffled off a sermon topic. So for a $5 donation (that would help a family or individual in need have a turkey for their Thanksgiving table) your name was also entered in the raffle. If I pulled your name out of the hat, then you got the right to tell me what I had to preach on. When I pulled out Youth Group Member Ted's name, he simply said one word, "Hamsters." And thus was born, Hamster Sunday.

You can find the full manuscript of the Hamster Sunday Sermon at the c
hurch website by clicking here. And to see the fullsize wordle rendering of that sermon you can click on the image below. Hallelujah! Hamsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment