Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've been thinking about...

Sedona.

Red Rock Canyons. Sweeping vistas. Sunsets that take your breath away.

I have returned from my week’s vacation with my family (my wife, my son, and my parents) up in Sedona. It was a wonderful time, and aside from one day’s worth of rainstorms we couldn’t have asked for better weather.

We went on a Jeep Tour, drove up to the Grand Canyon (none of us had ever seen it with snow; Henry had never seen it at all!), hiked the canyons, shopped for trinkets, bought “Sedona Dirt Shirts”, ate too much food, and enjoyed a little time away.

I’m not writing all of this to brag (though it is starting to sound like, isn’t it!) but rather as a way of saying “Thank you.” Thank you for this precious gift of vacation time. A time to get away from the work-a-day world, relax, and unwind. A time to let my spirit rest and my body recuperate. A time to recharge my batteries, enjoy my family, and celebrate a part of the country that is still so new to us.

I return from my trip to Sedona energized and invigorated (and no, I didn’t visit any vortexes while I was up there; though I did stop by the local UCC Congregation, the Church of the Red Rocks). I’m revved up and ready to go for the good work that lies before us!
So thanks for the vacation time. Now lets get to work!

Yours in the journey, Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment