Wednesday, February 9, 2011

On the Whiteboard

Gonna try a new feature on the blog, friends.

For folks who have been in my office at the church you know that I have a big whiteboard hanging on the wall. (For folks who haven't been in my office, well, I have a big whiteboard hanging on the wall).

At the beginning of each week I toss something up on the whiteboard to keep me focused on the theme for that Sunday's worship. Sometimes it is handwritten line of scripture, sometimes it is a quick sketch, occasionally it is just a word or short phrase. My rule is that I don't give myself any longer than 5-minutes because there is too much other important stuff going on in the life of the church for me to be wasting time perfecting a doodle!

I freely admit that I am not much of a graphic artist, but I thought it might be fun to post whatever is up on my whiteboard here on the blog along with a quick word about whatever is coming up this Sunday in worship. If it helps me focus, then maybe it will help you too. And if it doesn't, well, that is the joy of a blog, I can just stop posting it!

So here we go. Here is what is On the Whiteboard this week:

With Saint Valentine's Day right around the corner, this Sunday's theme is The Love of God. The sermon will be centered around Deuteronomy 30:15-20 where God sets before us life and death, blessings and curses and God implores us to choose a way of blessing, a way of life.

I'll see you this Sunday as we celebrate the love of God in worship together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment