Thursday, November 3, 2011

2011 Stewardship Campaign


There are so many things to love about First Christian Church Scottsdale!

During our Stewardship season I want to know how you would complete the sentence “I Love My Church Because…”

How would you fill in the blanks?
“I love my church because of our lively, Spirit-led worship service.” 
“I love my church because of our abiding commitment to outreach.” 
“I love my church because we welcome everyone to celebrate communion with us every Sunday at the Lord’s Table.”
“I love my church because of the potluck lunches and Bible Study classes, the Prayer Shawl Ministry and Ms. Jesse in the nursery, our music ministries and the friendly people.” 

For the next several Sundays I have invited everyone who has a speaking role in our worship services (from the Elders and liturgists to anyone giving an announcement, and yes even me) to preface their remarks by introducing themselves and then completing our stewardship sentence. Some of the answers will be funny. Others will be poignant. Some will be short and simple while others will be paragraphs long. Imagine all the different answers we can share!

As you hear the multitude of ways people respond to our stewardship prompt I hope that two things will happen. First, I hope that you’ll think of all the things you love about our church. Second, I hope that it will encourage you to support our church with your time, talent, and treasure.

Stewardship Letters went out to all the members of FCC Scottsdale this week. Accompanying those letters was a pledge card for 2012. Your pledge is important. Our ministries happen because of the generous financial support of the folks who love our church so deeply. So please fill out the front side of the enclosed card with your pledge for the coming year, but before you do so flip the card over. You’ll find our colorful “I Love My Church Because…” logo on the back of the pledge card. On the lines underneath that logo I hope you will write in your own answer to our stewardship prompt. Share with us what you love about FCC Scottsdale and help us continue to make those things possible!

We’ll collect and bless all of the pledge cards in worship on Sunday November 20. I’ll see you then! In the meantime, I can’t wait to hear how you complete the sentence “I love my church because…”

No comments:

Post a Comment