Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Newsbrief: Thanksgiving!

With Thanksgiving upon us, Church, I am thankful for you!

I am thankful for your love and commitment.

I am thankful for your prayers and faithfulness.

I am thankful for you generosity, your spirit, your enthusiasm, your passion for Outreach, your hospitality, your joy, your love of God, and your commitment to Christ.

I am thankful for the Administrative Council and the hard work they have done this year, that was capped off by a fantastic meeting this past Sunday! At that meeting we approved a proposed budget for 2012, approved a slate of officers to live into our new church structure, thanked the Church Growth Team for their accomplishments, and lifted up the Restructure Team for their tireless work in redrawing our By-Laws.

I am thankful for Rev. Judy and the Outreach Ministries that define our church! I’m thankful for another successful Pumpkin Patch, for an amazing turnout for the CROP Hunger Walk, for the continued success of our After School Enrichment Program, and for the growing impact of the Healthy Packs Weekend Meal Program.

I am thankful for the Elders and all that they do in reaching out to members and providing such remarkable leadership to our congregation.

I am thankful for the Music! Wasn’t last Sunday amazing! I am truly thankful for the Bell Choir, the Chancel Choir, the Celebration Praise Band, the congregational singing, the special musicians and guests, and of course Doug Durant who brings it all together.

I am thankful for Jane Rosenfeld and everything that she does in the church office to help make my job easier and allow me to focus on the ministry to which you all have called me.

More than anything else, friends, I am thankful for you. Thank you for all that you have done, are doing, and will do to help make First Christian Church Scottsdale such a vibrant, wonderful, Christ-centered community. Happy Thanksgiving, Church!

Yours in the journey, Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment