Thursday, January 19, 2012

Newsbrief: Camp Scholarship Fund

I can honestly say that I wouldn’t be who I am without Church Camp.

It was at Church Camp that I met some of my closest and dearest friends.

It was at Church Camp that I was filled with enthusiasm and joy for our faith.

It was at Church Camp where I served in leadership positions that awarded me the scholarships that allowed me to go to college at TCU.

It was at Church Camp where I learned to claim the faith for my very own and where I felt the call to ministry.

Church Camp changes lives. It fills our young people with a sense of wonder and amazement. It gives them a chance to learn together, pray together, sing together, play together, worship together, and celebrate the gifts and abilities that God has uniquely given to them.

I am proud to be a part of a church that supports our young people and sends so many of them to Camp. Last Sunday we formally kicked off the “Quarters for Camp” Campaign. Each Sunday morning every quarter that goes into the offering plate will go directly to support Camp Scholarships for our young people. So bring some quarters with you each and every Sunday to help support our youth!

This coming Sunday our Youth will be hosting a Stuffed Potato Luncheon. You can come and get a baked potato and load it up with your choice of toppings, stuffings, and fillings and enjoy a nice meal. Your donations for the Stuffed Potato Luncheon will all go to benefit the Camp Scholarship Fund.

Bring your quarters. Stick around for the Stuffed Potato Luncheon. Support our kids and help them get to camp!

Yours in the journey, Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment