Thursday, August 23, 2012

Newsbrief: Ten Years

We are sneaking up on 10 years.

Ten years. Double digits. A decade. Wow!

Susan and I are sneaking up on our 10-year wedding anniversary, which we will celebrate on September 1.

So this time next week we will be in San Francisco for a long weekend. I’ve never been to San Francisco so I’m excited to see the sights, eat some world class cuisine, and walk through the streets hand-in-hand with the love of my life. (For anybody wondering about Henry, his grandpa will be here in town with him so chances are pretty good you can find them at Chuck E. Cheese!)

It means that I’ll be out of the pulpit on Sunday September 2 (not this coming Sunday, but the one after that) and I’m thrilled that we will have Lori Head as our guest preacher. Lori works for Feed My Starving Children in Tempe – a Christian, global hunger relief agency that has a rather unique and pragmatic way of working to overcome hunger.

Our Youth Group, Young Adult Ministry, and members of the Outreach Committee have all volunteered at Feed My Starving Children in the past and I’m super excited that Lori will be here to tell the whole church more about the program and the very real ways that FMSC is putting faith in action.

I look forward to seeing you this coming Sunday at worship (we’ll be finishing off our August sermon series on “Living Out Our Faith”!) and I hope you’ll be here for worship on Sunday September 2 to hear Lori Head’s powerful testimony and be a part of an amazing worship service!

Yours in the Journey,
Rev. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment