Saturday, April 3, 2010

I've been reading: Easter Edition

Here are some of the things I've been reading this week in preparation for Easter Sunday:

Unnatural Event by Theodore J. Wardlaw
From the "Living by the word" section of "The Christian Century" it is a fabulous reflection on the power of the Easter story to speak God's word of hope against all other storytellers who might tell you otherwise. Simply a must read.



Hope Synonyms
I couldn't get away with saying "Easter is about hope" without then having the most complete list possible of synonyms, definitions, and descriptions of "hope". If you've never played with the "visual thesaurus" before then scroll down two-thirds away through the listing and click on over.

Easter Surprise
We'll be using a version of this Children's Sermon as part of our Easter Sunday Worship Service. Except that I don't have a jack-in-the-box, so we'll be acting it out with our youngsters instead!

The Magical Revolutionary Machine
I know, I know, this has nothing to do with Easter except for the coincidence of the calendar. But the iPad was officially launched this weekend and being the tech geek that I am I couldn't help but read every last review, posting, jot and tittle about the latest gadget du jour. So here you go, the full review from my favorite tech blog. Enjoy! And if you can talk the Easter Bunny into bringing me one, even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment