Wednesday, April 28, 2010

SWC Annual Meeting Wordles

This past Sunday I preached about the Southwest Conference Annual Meeting, using the title "The Work We Do." The emphasis was placed on the word "We" in that title to lift up all of the amazing things that are happening all around us in the Southwest Conference of the United Church of Christ.

Here is the thing, though, I didn't get home from the Conference Annual Meeting until late Saturday night which means I didn't write out the sermon but instead preached it manuscript free. So I don't have anything to plug into our handy-dandy wordle creating software.

So instead, I thought I would use my weekly wordle posting to share some of the images I helped the Justice and Witness Committee use for their presentation at Annual Meeting! Remember, the way the program works is that it takes whatever block of text you put in and creates a graphical rendering of it where the words that appear most often are displayed as the biggest words and the ones used less often get progressively smaller.

The Justice and Witness Committee took the written reports they received from each local congregation who hosted a Listening Session. Those sessions asked church members to answer two simple questions: 1) What are you doing for your local community? 2) What is on your heart.

I took those written reports, dropped them into our Wordle creator, and here is a small sampling of what we got! As always, you can click on the images below to see the fullsized rendering.

 Encanto Community Church


Southwest Conference Youth (from Thanksgiving Alive)

Scottsdale Congregational UCC

 Desert Heritage UCC


All Reports
 My personal favorite. I took all of the reports, lumped them together, pasted it into the Wordle interface and this is what popped out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment