Thursday, January 16, 2014

Whiteboard: Catching Up

Now that we are through the Christmas Season, my holiday travels, and an early 2014 Clergy Retreat, it is time to get caught back up on The Blog!

Here are the last several week's worth of Whiteboard posts complete with a link to the corresponding sermon the church website!

 With the Christ Candle lit this could mean only one thing: the celebration of Christ's birth
(in our hearts and in our world) on Christmas Eve. Click here to listen to my
Christmas Eve homily entitled "An Answer to Prayer."

 Okay, you caught me. This isn't a Whiteboard picture. Instead it is a photo card of my son Henry
and my nephew Ben wishing you a Happy New Year. I was in Texas most of that week, so I
didn't have access to The Whiteboard in my office, but I did still make it back in timeto preach my first sermon of 2014 entitled "What Will It Bring?"

Did you know that the holiest day of the year for the early church wasn't Christmas or Easter?
It wasn't Pentecost or Good Friday or Maundy Thursday either. The holiest day of the year
for the early church was the day they celebrated The Baptism of Christ. Which got me thinking
about "The Fifth With First" and the most holy day of 2014. Click here to listen to

No comments:

Post a Comment